This CS-L cooling system upgrades I-Nova cameras’ PLxCam Series and makes them perfect for long exposures.
With a Peltier module and control electronics, the camera sensor temperature is lowered by 20°C (36°F) when operating under ambient temperature conditions.
Reducing dramatical thermal noise, this cooling system allows long exposure in order to take pictures of deep sky objects.
The visual enhancement mode also takes advantage of this cooling system, with an increased S/N ratio of the camera, improving image quality.
This CS-L cooling system is assembled entirely in-house.
Components of the cooling system are:
- Peltier module TEC (maximum power: 5.7W)
- Aluminium case that also serves as heat sink for TEC
- Electronic card with a microcontroller to manage the Peltier module
- Fan to improve heat dissipation
- Requires an external power supply 12V DC – 2A (minimum)
|Current consumption||Below 1A under 12V DC|
|Cooling||-20°C (-36°F) at ambient temperature|
|Fan noise||Below 16 dB|
|Communication port||TTL serial communication port for temperature regulation|
|Power supply||Male jack plug 5.5/2.1mm|
|Dimensions||95 x 75 x 55mm|
|Weight||180g (6,3 oz)|
- Power supply 12V DC – 2A (Cable length: 2m) with a female jack plug 5.5/2.1mm.
- We can upgrade your system (please contact us).
- Upgrade to CS-E model (2 stage Peltier module with temperature regulation) – Available in September 2014