This CS-L Cooling system is a Thermoelectric upgrade for iNova PLxCam Series Cameras. It features a single stage Peltier thermoelectric module and control electronics.
The temperature of the camera sensor is lowered by 20°C (36°F) when operating under ambient temperature conditions. It dramatically reduces Thermal Noise allowing for the long duration exposures required during imaging of deep sky objects.
TheVisual Enhancement Mode maximizes the efficiency of this cooling system which in turn increases the signal/noise ratio of the camera resulting in sharper images.
- CS-L cooling system is assembled entirely in-house
- Peltier module TEC (maximum power: 5.7W),
- Aluminium case that also serves as heat sink for TEC
- Electronic card with a microcontroller to manage the Peltier module
- Fan to improve heat dissipation.
- Requires an external power supply 12V DC – 2A (minimum)
|Current consumption||Below 1A under 12V DC|
|Cooling||-20°C (-36°F) at ambient temperature|
|Fan noise||Below 16 dB|
|Communication port||TTL serial communication port for temperature regulation|
|Power supply||Male jack plug 5.5/2.1mm|
|Dimensions||95 x 75 x 55mm|
|Weight||180g (6,3 oz)|
- Power supply 12V DC – 2A (Cable length: 2m) with a female jack plug 5.5/2.1mm.
- We can upgrade your system (please contact us).
- Upgrade to CS-E model (2 stage Peltier module with temperature regulation) – Available from September 2014