From planetary imaging to autoguiding.
Sony Exview ICX618ALA – 310Kpx Monochrome CCD Sensor.
The i-Nova PLA-Mx CCD is a multi-purpose, capable camera, from planetary imaging to autoguiding. It includes the Sony Exview ICX618ALA CCD sensor (640 x 480 pixel array) (640 x 480 pixel array) with a very high quantum efficiency from the visible spectrum to the near infrared (IR) region.
Due to an excellent sensitivity, from the visible spectrum to the near infrared (IR) region, this camera is ideally suited for planetary high resolution imaging. It provides 2×2 hardware binning (640 x 480) to get a 11.2µm square pixel to be able to detect a faint star for autoguiding.
- Sony Exview ICX618ALA 1/4″
- 5.6μm x 5.6μm
- Up to 63 FPS at full resolution
- From 0.1ms to infinity
- For filter wheel control, focusing motors control, and telescope mount control (ASCOM V6)
- BMP, AVI (8bit), FITS (8/16 bit) et SER (8/16bit) which can be read directly with main softwares like RegiStax V6.1, Avistacker V2, AutoStakkert V2
- ASCOM V6 Plugin available and tested with PHDGuiding V1.14, AstroArt V4 & V5, MaximDL V5, Prism and all softwares using ASCOM protocol
- 50 x 50 x 40mm
- 170g (6 oz)
- CCD Sensor
- CCD Matrix (L*H)
- Pixel size
- Hardware binning 2×2
- Hardware ROI (region of interest)
- A/D converter
- Frame rate(8/12bit)
- Exposure time
- Communication port
Software and compatibility
Windows XP SP3, Vista, W7, 8, 8.1 x86/x64
Compliant with Microsoft Directshow
The SDK is available on request for programming (Microsoft C# or C++).
Linux drivers are available.
Drivers are not available but it is possible to run i-Nova cameras in emulation Windows mode with Bootcamp.
Method to reduce readout noise with lower frequency
Low speed mode
Visual enhancement & Deepsky 12bit
C mount to 1.25’’ adapter
USB2 cable for PC connection
Software pack including:
- PLxCapture control and acquisition specific software and conversion format utility (video)
- ASCOM plugin
New software releases are available for download from FTP site
Autoguiding cable RJ12 connector for ST4 port
Peltier cooling system kit with or w/o temperature regulation
Motorised filter wheel – 5 or 8 positions provided with ASCOM plugin
Electronic viewfinder: C/CS mount objective lens, FL from 2.1mm (150° fov) to 25mm (11° fov)
GPS module with USB2.0 portC mount to T2 female adapterTel +888 427 8766 or… Contact via Email